Cook time40 minutes
- 4 oz oz Thinly Sliced Prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
- 2 Large Zucchini, Diced
- 1 cup of Arborio Rice or Risotto Rice
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of White Wine such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Fresh Basil
- 1/3 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 5 to 6 cups of Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Bring the vegetable stock to a simmer and keep it as low as it will go.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add about 2 tsp of oil, preheat it over medium high heat, add the prosciutto and cook it for just about a minute to firm it up a bit, remove to a plate and set aside.
3) Reduce the heat to medium, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onions and garlic along with a small pinch of salt and cook them for a few minutes, add the zucchini along with another small pinch of salt and cook them together for about 12 minutes or until the mixture has cooked down a bit.
4) Add the tomatoes, cook all together for about 3 minutes, add the rice, stir it in for about 30 seconds, then add the wine, cook for 1 minute and as soon as that reduces, start adding a ladle of stock at a time for the next 20 minutes (add a ladle of stock, wait for it to cook out, then add another and keep going until the rice is about fully cooked)
5) When the rice is about fully cooked, season to taste, turn the heat off, add another ladle full of stock, basil, parm, butter and black pepper, cover with the lid and leave it for 5 minutes undisturbed. Then stir it all together and serve right away!
Report a problem