Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- Zest of 1/2 of Lemon
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder (I used Italian baking powder)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract (I used Italian powder vanilla)
- Frying Oil
- Granulated Sugar
1) Add the oil to a heavy bottomed pan and preheat it, you want the oil to be around 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, powder vanilla (if using) and baking powder, set aside.
3) Add the yogurt, egg and lemon zest and mix just long enough for the mixture to come together. The batter should resemble thick pancake batter.
4) Scoop out the batter using a small ice scream scoop and fry a few at a time or until deeply golden brown.
5) Drain them on a paper towel then dredge them in some granulated sugar and dig in!