Cook time0 minutes
- 40-45 Savogliardi
- 16oz of Mascarpone, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup of Frangelico
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 cups of cold Brewed Coffee
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- Cocoa Powder
1) In a medium size bowl using a handheld electric whisk, whisk the heavy cream until it forms semi-stiff peaks, set aside. In a separate small bowl, using the same hand held whisk (don't need to clean in) whisk the egg yolks and sugar until mixture becomes thick and pale in color, set aside as well.
2) In a large bowl using a spatula, cream together the mascarpone with 1/4 cup of sugar, frangelico and vanilla until it becomes creamy and smooth, then fold in the egg yolk mixture, once incorporated, fold in the whipped cream, set aside.
3) In a shallow bowl, stir together the coffee with the 1/2 cup of frangelico and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, set aside and get ready to layer.
4) Dunk the lady fingers in the coffee mixture and make a single layer of them in a 9x13 dish, then add half of the custard mixture followed by a dusting of cocoa powder and repeat this process one more time ending up with a dusting of cocoa, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Report a problem