Cook time minutes
- 1 cup of Bulger Wheat
- 1 Ĺ cups of Water
- Juice of 2 Small Lemons
- 1 Bunch of Parsley, Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Mint, Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 4 Scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1)Add the water in small saucepan and bring to a boil, season with a little salt and add in the bulger, stir to mix and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the bulger has absorbed all the water and its gotten tender.
2) In a large bowl, add the chopped cucumber, scallions, mint, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat everything in the dressing.
3) When the bulger is done cooking, fluff it with a fork and add it to the vegetable mixture. Toss everything together using two forks.
4) Serve right away or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Note: this salad actually gets even better tasting after itís had about 1 hour or so in the fridge.
Report a problem