Cook time30 minutes
For the squash and pasta:
- 1-1/2 lb of Summer Squash and Zucchini (a mix of the two) very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 10oz of Pasta of your choice, I prefer fusilli for this
- Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt, to taste
- Large handful of Fresh Parsley plus 1 clove of garlic chopped extremely fine together
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous amount of salt and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the salsa verde (make sure it's all super finely chopped to resemble almost a paste, you can do this in the food processor) season well with salt and set aside while you prepare the squash.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, once hot, add the thinly sliced squash (doesn't matter if it overlaps) and slowly start to saute until the squash caramelizes and cooks down quite a bit, this will take about 20 minutes, when the squash is a little more than half way done, add the pasta to the boiling water.
3) At the last couple minutes add the garlic to the squash, cook for a bit, then before you drain the pasta, reserve some of the starchy cooking water.
4) Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the squash (remove some of the oil if necessary, you need a few tablespoons in the pan) along with a splash of the starchy cooking water. Cook, stirring for about a minute, grate in a good amount of fresh parm, remove from the pan onto a platter and drizzle over the salsa verde.
Report a problem