Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of short cut pasta such as Orecchiette
- 4 Ears of Corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 oz of Pancetta, cubed
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Lots of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano (or a mix of Pecorino and Parmiggiano if possible)
- Fresh basil
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil and pancetta and cook on medium meat until the pancetta renders all it's fat and becomes crispy, remove to a plate using a slotted spoon leaving the drippings in the skillet.
3) Add the shallots to the rendered drippings, saute a few minutes, then add the corn kernels along with a pinch of salt, saute for about 10 minutes on medium-low, meanwhile, add the pasta to the salted boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
4) Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
5) To a blender, add about 2/3 of the corn and shallot mixture along with the pasta water, blend until smooth, then add back into the large skillet along with the cooked pasta, cheese,cooked pancetta, lots of black pepper and basil, cook all together for a minute then serve right away!
Report a problem