Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 12 to 16
For the crust:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or ExtractFor the caramel layer:
- 10 oz of Soft Caramels
- 2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup of Salted Roasted PeanutsFor the chocolate:
- 8 oz of Semisweet Chocolate (use good bar chocolate instead of chips if you can)
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, spray with some non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, quickly cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt, mix until a dough forms, and pat the dough in your prepared pan.
3) Use a fork and pierce the surface of the dough, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool.
4) In a microwave safe bowl, add the caramels and cream, melt in a microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, stir in the peanuts, pour mixture over the crust, slow to cool for just 5 minutes.
5) In a separate microwave bowl, add the butter and chocolate and melt in the microwave same as the caramels. Pour over the caramel, smooth the top and pop it in the fridge until set.