Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
- 1-1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Tahini
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
1) In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (but you can do this in a regular bowl with a spatula and whisk) cream together the butter and both kinds of sugar and mix for a minute until well combined.
3) Add the vanilla, tahini and egg and mix until thoroughly combined (you might need to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula) then add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips, mix until a cookie dough forms, then place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
4) Take the cookie dough out of the fridge about 15 minutes before baking then preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
5) Using a large ice cream scoop (the equivalent of 3tbsp) scoop out your cookie dough, place them a couple inches apart and bake them on the lower third and upper third rack in the oven, bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges, immediately sprinkle with a touch of sea salt then move to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Report a problem