Cook time20 minutes
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 1 lb of Spicy Pork Sausage, casings removed
- 1 Tbsp of Salt Free Steak Seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe, washed, trimmed and chopped into small pieces
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 6 Slices of Sharp Provolone
- 6 Kaiser Rolls or Burger Buns
1) Add the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, until the garlic becomes fragrant, add the hot pepper flakes and let them cook with the garlic for about 15 seconds.
2) Add the broccoli rabe, stir it in the hot oil until they wilt, add about ½ cup of water, partially cover the skillet with a lid and let them cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until they are pretty much fully cooked.
3) Remove the lid from the skillet, season the broccoli rabe with a little salt and pepper, turn the heat up to high and cook them uncovered long enough to cook out any liquid.
4) Remove the broccoli rabe on to a place and set aside.
5) In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey with the sausage, steak seasoning and salt.
6) Form 6 patties out of the mixture making sure to make the center a little thinner than the edges.
7) Heat your grill between medium low and medium heat (close the for 10 minutes after you turn it on).
8) Place your burgers on the grill, close the lid and allow them to cook for about 6 or 7 minutes on each side or until the burgers are fully cooked through.
9) When the burgers are about 2 minutes away from being fully cooked, top them with some of the broccoli rabe and a slice of cheese on top of the whole thing. Close the lid on the grill and let the cheese melt.
10) Serve them on grilled kaiser rolls for a really amazing burger!
Report a problem