Preparation12 hours 0 minutes
Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes 4 dozen
For the dough:
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Finely chopped Walnuts
- Egg wash, one egg beaten with a splash of milk or water
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
2) Add the flour and salt and mix until everything is combined. Divide your dough into 4 equal pieces (the dough will be very sticky at this point but that’s ok) wrap each one with some plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge for about 8 hours or overnight.
3) Take the dough out of the fridge about 45 minutes before you’re ready to use it. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper, set them aside.
4) To make the filling, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, walnuts and cinnamon, set aside. Add the apricot preserves in a microwave safe bowl and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds just to loosen it up a bit.
5) Take each piece of dough, roll it out to a 9” circle on a well floured surface (if the dough cracks and breaks, gather it up, warm it with your hands and re-roll it) brush or spread some of the preserves over the surface of the dough and sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
6) Lightly press the sugar filling into the dough using your hands, cut the circle into 12 little triangles and starting from the wider end, roll them up like little crescents. Repeat this process with the remaining dough and filling.
7) Place them seam side down on your baking sheet and brush the tops with some egg wash.
8) Before you bake them, pop them in the fridge for about 15 minutes so the dough can firm up a bit.
9) Bake them in your preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Report a problem