Cook time30 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 Brownies
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Flour
- 3 Tbsp of Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of Distilled Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractCream Cheese Filling:
- 8oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 3-1/2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Grease an 8x8 square baking pan with non stick spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper making sure the parchment paper comes up the sides of the pan.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and beat well. Add the cocoa powder and mix it in, add the salt followed by the food coloring and vinegar making sure to mix between adding each ingredient. Add the flour last and just mix it long enough to incorporate.
4) Reserve 1/4 of the batter and pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan.
5) In a different bowl, using a handheld electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla very well until there are no more lumps left.
6) Spread the cream cheese (donít panic if you canít smooth it perfectly) on top of the brownie layer, then using two small spoons, dollop the remaining 1/4 cup of batter on top of the cream cheese and using a butter knife, swirl the batter into the cream cheese mixture.
Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving!
Report a problem