Cook time15 minutes
ServingsServes 2 or 4, depending on your appetite
- 10 oz of Pennette Pasta or any medium cut pasta of your choice
- 1 lb of Fresh Tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 6 oz can of Tuna Packed in Olive Oil, drained
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a skillet, add the oil and garlic and allow it to heat up and sizzle over medium heat, then add the tomatoes along with a pinch of salt and the basil and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) After you add the tomatoes to the skillet and they cook for about 2 minutes, thatís when you want to add the pasta to the boiling water, cook according to package instructions, reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta well.
4) After 10 minutes, add the tuna to the tomatoes, cook for just a couple of minutes, then add the drained pasta to the sauce along with the cooking water, cook all together for about a minute, then remove from the heat and let the pasta sit for about 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning according to taste and dig in!
Report a problem