Cook time20 minutes
- 12 oz of Penne pasta or Ziti
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 14 oz Jar of Artichoke Hearts in Brine, removed from the brine and patted very dry
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) Add the oil to a large skillet and preheat it over medium high heat until hot, add the sausage, break it up as much as you can with a wooden spoon and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the sausage browns.
3) Add the artichokes and cook for an additional 6 or 7 minutes or until the artichokes become crispy and brown. At this point, add the pasta to the boiling water, cook according to package instructions making sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
4) Add the garlic, reduce the heat to medium, cook for 1 minute.
5) Add the butter and parsley along with the starchy cooking water, cook for 1 minute, then add the pasta along with the cheese and cook everything together for about a minute.
6) Serve right away
Report a problem