Cook time1 hours 15 minutes
- 2 lb of Russet Potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Stalks of Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Puree or any Tomato product (3 Tbsp of Tomato Paste if using that)
- 12 cups of Water
- Few Fresh Basil Leaves
- 12 oz of Pasta Mista or Ditalini
- 2" Rind of Parmiggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8oz of Smoked Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- Freshly Grated Parm
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
1) In a soup pot, add the olive oil, onion and celery along with a small pinch of salt and saute for a few minutes or until soft and translucent, add the potatoes, water, basil, tomato product and parm rind. Bring to a boil, partially cover and simmer on medium for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are practically falling apart.
2) After 45 minutes, preheat your oven to 400 degrees then remove the rind, season with plenty of salt and pepper, add the pasta, cook for about 5 minutes, remove from the heat and add to a 9x13” baking dish.
3) Top the dish with the smoked mozzarella, then breadcrumbs and parm and drizzle a bit of oil over the top, bake for 20 minutes or until deeply golden brown. Serve immediately!
Report a problem