Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of Long cut Pasta, such as tagliatelle or spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 2 Lemons (about 1/3 cup or less depending on personal preference)
- 1 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano
- 4 oz of Baby Arugula, washed and dried
- Salt to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous bit of salt (water should be very salty) and bring to a boil, add the pasta, cook according to package instructions but shy of 2 minutes.
2) When the pasta is about 2 minutes away from being ready, add the oil and butter in a large skillet with high sides, allow to melt over medium heat, then add the heavy cream, cook for about a minute.
3) Right before you drain the pasta, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking water, then drain the pasta well. Add the lemon zest and juice to the cream, increase heat to medium-high, then add the drained pasta, cook while constantly tossing and while adding the starchy cooking water (start with 1/2 cup and add more if needed) lastly, add in the parm, toss really well, remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
4) After 5 minutes, stir in the arugula and dig in immediately!
NOTE: This dish is best serve right away so don't let it sit too long.
Report a problem