Cook time minutes
- 4 Slices of Stale Crusty Italian Bread, preferably from a ciabatta loaf
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Small Red Onion, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Clove of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of Dried Oregano
- About ½ cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
1) Preheat a non stick grill pan over medium high heat, drizzle both sides of the bread with a little oil and grill it for a few minutes on each side or until it develops grill marks and its nice and crusty.
2) As soon as it comes out of the oven, rub the garlic clove all over it and then cut the bread in one inch pieces, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, add all your chopped veggies, the grilled bread chunks, oregano, and basil, season everything with salt and pepper and drizzle over the oil and vinegar.
4) Toss everything together well to make sure the oil and vinegar is coating the veggies and the bread nicely.
5) You can serve it right away but let it sit in the fridge for about an hour before you serve it so that all the flavors can penetrate the bread.
Report a problem