Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1-1/4 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable OilFor the sauce:
- 1 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice (from about 1 large orange)
- Zest of One Large Orange
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce (I used kikkoman brand)
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar (I used kikkoman as well)
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
1) Add the chicken to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste, add the egg
white and cornstarch and toss together, let it sit for 10 minutes.
2) Add the oil in a large non stick skillet and preheat it over high heat, add the chicken and
cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes or until it's nicely browned (don't worry if it's not cooked
all the way through) add the minced ginger and garlic and allow to cook for about a minute.
3) To the chicken, add the chicken stock, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, hot pepper flakes, rice vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by about half.
4) Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch with the water and add it to the chicken mixture. Allow everything to cook together for a few minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5) Sprinkle in the green onions and enjoy it over steamed rice.
Report a problem