Cook time35 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of Chicken Breast, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 15 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 cups of Water
- 1 cup of Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz of Medium Cut Pasta such as penne or rigatoni
- 1 cup (or a bit more) of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large pot, add about 2 Tbsp of olive oil, preheat over medium high heat, once hot, add the chicken and cook until it begins to brown, (doesn’t have to be fully cooked at this point) then add the onions and garlic and cook until they cook down a bit.
3) Stir about 1/2 cup of parm with the chicken and onion mixture, then add the crushed tomatoes, water and Italian seasoning, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add the pasta along with a good pinch of salt and pepper bring mixture back up to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked.
5) Sprinkle the rest of the parm and mozzarella evenly on the surface of the pasta, cover back up with a lid until the cheese melts. Sprinkle some fresh basil on top and serve!
Report a problem