Cook time50 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the Dough:
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Instant Yeast (I use Saf Brand)
- 2 tsp of Salt (3 if using coarse kosher salt)
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup of Warm Water
- 2 Large Onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 4 cups of Frozen Peas, thawed
- 5oz of Prosciutto, chopped
- 5oz of Mozzarella (the vacuumed packed kind) diced
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- 4 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Start by making the dough, in the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, sugar, salt and yeast, stir to combine, then add the water and olive oil and knead on medium speed with a dough hook attachment for about 3 minutes.
2) Divide the dough into two, form into a ball and place them in an oiled vessel, cover and allow to rise until doubled, about an hour. Before starting the pea mixture, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
3) To make the filling, in a large skillet, add the oil and onions, season lightly with salt, then sauté on medium heat (or a little lower) until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes, then add the peas, season with salt and pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes, remove from the heat.
4) Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface (do the base first so you have room to roll the second piece once the filling is in) lay in a lightly oiled round tin (mine is 11â€ť by 2â€ť deep) set is aside.
5) In a small bowl crack the eggs, then add them to the (still warm) pea mixture along with all the cheese and prosciutto, stir it all together, roll the second piece of dough, lay it on top of the filling, cut off the excess and pinch the edges together.
6) Cut a small slit in the center, brush the top with a little olive oil and bake for about half an hour or until deeply golden brown, allow to cool completely before serving.
Report a problem