Cook time8 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 Sandwiches
- 6 Slices of White Sandwich Bread
- 4 Slices of Deli Turkey
- 4 Slices of Gouda
- 1 Tbsp of Mayo
- 1 tsp of Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 3 Eggs
- Splash of milk (a little less than 1/4 cup)
- Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
1) In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and mustard, set aside. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and seasoned salt, set that aside as well.
2) To make each sandwich, lay three pieces of bread on your work surface. Spread a thin layer of the mayo mixture (about 1 tsp) on one piece and top that with one slice of cheese followed by one slice of turkey. To the second slice of bread, spread a little more mayo and top with one slice of turkey followed by one slice of cheese (itís important that the cheese is on top of the ham because that is what will hold the top slice on as it cooks) add the third slice on top and set aside.
3) Preheat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and oil and allow the butter to melt and the mixture to get nice and hot.
4) Dip each sandwich (carefully) in the beaten egg mixture making sure both sides are well coated in the egg.
5) Place the sandwiches in the hot skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the outside is a lovely golden brown color and the cheese is fully melted.
Report a problem