Cook time45 minutes
- 3/4 lb of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3oz of Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Herb Paste, or fresh chopped herbs will do
- 15oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 5oz of Baby Spinach, washed, dried and roughly chopped
- Ĺ cup of Red Wine
- 6 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 5oz of Fresh Mini Ravioli, cheese filled
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large soup pot, add the oil and bring it to temperature over medium high heat, add the ground beef, break it up as much as you can with your wooden spoon and let the beef cooked until itís mostly cooked through.
2) Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery, season with a little salt and pepper and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes on medium heat until the veggies begin to cook down and develop some color, stir in the herb paste and cook for about a minute.
3) Add the wine and allow it to cook out for about 1 minute. Add the stock and canned tomatoes, bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) Add the spinach and mini ravioli, adjust the seasoning according to taste and cook your soup for about 7 minutes or until the ravioli are fully cooked (if your liquid reduced too much, add a bit more stock before adding your ravioli)
5) Add some freshly grated parmiggiano and serve right away!
Report a problem