Preparation1 hours 30 minutes
Cook time35 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 dozen
For the crust:
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 10 Tbsp Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of Cold Vegetable Shortening, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 to 8 Tbsp of Ice WaterFor the Filling:
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Light Cream or half and half
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 of a cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
To make the crust,
1) In a food processor add the flour and salt, pulse once to incorporate.
2) Add the butter and shortening, pulse about 10 times or until the butter is about the size of peas and distributed evenly.
3) While pulsing add 1 Tbsp of ice water until the dough comes together when pinched between fingers.
4) Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and quickly form into two disks.
5) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour before using.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and make the filling,
6) In a large bowl whisk together all the pumpkin filling ingredients until all combined.
7)Spray 2 muffin pans with nonstick spray and set aside. On a floured surface, roll out your pie crust, cut out 4Ē circles and fit them in your muffin tin. Re-group all the scraps and keep cutting out little rounds until your muffin tin is full (make sure you cut out the toppers if youíre using them to top the mini pies).
8) Repeat the same process with the other piece of dough, fill each little pie with the filling and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven, turn the oven down to 350, place the little cutouts on each little pie and pop them back in the oven for about 25 minutes.
10) Allow them to cool to room temperature, and then pop them in the fridge to cool completely!
NOTE: There will be a lot of filling leftover so cut the recipe for the filling in half if you donít want any leftovers or simply double the amount of dough and make 4 dozen mini pies.
Report a problem