Cook time50 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 Slices of Italian brad, crust cut off
- ½ cup of Milk
- ¼ cup of Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 2 Eggs
- Dash of Worcesteshire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup of Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Dried Mustard
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and translucent, allow to cool completely.
3) In a small bowl, put the slices of bread and pour the milk over them, let them sit for a few minutes or until the bread soaks up all the milk.
4) In a large bowl, combine the beef, the milk soaked bread, cooked onion and garlic, parsley, parmiggiano, worchesteshire sauce, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined but don’t over mix and compact the mixture too much otherwise your meatloaf will be tough.
5) Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet (or use a broiler pan) and place the meat mixture onto it and form it into a loaf, set aside.
6) In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the glaze. Smear half of it evenly over the top and reserve the rest.
7) Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes, then smear the rest of the sauce on top and put it back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
Report a problem