Cook time55 minutes
- 9” Premade Pie Crust
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Freshly Grated Parm
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella (I prefer a 3 cheese Italian blend because it’s a little more flavorful)
- 1 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Pinch of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Basil
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, place the pie crust in an oiled pie plate, pierce it all over with a fork, line the pie with aluminum foil and add some dry beans (or pie weights) to weigh it down. Pop the crust in the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes with the foil and weights then remove them (beans or weights) and leave it (crust) in for an additional 10 minutes then remove from the oven and make the filling.
2) In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes with the oil, oregano and salt and set aside.
3) In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and salt, pour into prepared crust then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and carefully sprinkle with the halved tomatoes.
4) Pop the quiche back in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle, allow it to cool completely before serving.