Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 12 muffins
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 EggFor the maple butter:
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin with some non-stick spray, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
3) In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, maple syrup, melted butter and egg, pour this mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until all combined.
4) Fill your muffin tin using an ice cream scoop, pop them in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
5) When you’re about ready to serve, mix together the butter and maple syrup and smear some of this over the warm muffin.
Report a problem