Cook time25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Zucchini (About 1 Medium Zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Lemon Zest (about 3/4 of a lemon)
- 1 Tbsp of Thyme Leaves
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Cold Butter cut into small pieces
- Pinch of Lemon Zest (whatever is left from the lemon used in the batter)
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for a couple minutes (I do this by hand with a whisk) until thick and pale, then add the oil, zucchini, vanilla, thyme and lemon zest, whisk until combined and then finally, fold in the dry ingredients.
4) Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly in your prepared pan (it will be quite full but don't panic) set aside.
5) In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the topping, and using your fingers break the butter evenly among the dry mixture, then add a sprinkle onto each muffin, pop in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked through, cool on a wire rack to cool completely.
Report a problem