Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
For the Shells:
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp of saltFor the Filling:
- 1 cup of Lemon Curd
- 1-1/2 cups of Whipped Topping
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 of a Lemon
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add the water, butter and salt and bring to a boil, add the flour and cook while constantly stirring until the dough comes together into a ball.
3) Place the dough in a bowl and using a handheld electric whisk, whisk the dough for about a minute to cool it a bit and then start adding one egg at a time and mix until the mixture is nice and creamy.
4) Using a small ice cream scoop, form the puffs and place them a couple inches a part on your prepared baking sheet, pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.
5) As soon as they come out, use a sharp knife and pierce a little slit on the side of each one and then let them cool completely.
6) To make the filling, simply mix together all the ingredients for the filling and using a piping bag with a round tip, fill each one then pop them in the fridge to set for a bit.
7) When ready to serve, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and then dig in!