Cook time35 minutes
ServingsMakes 1 Loaf
- 2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp of Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1-1/2 cups of Warm Water, about 115 degrees F
- 2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast mixed with 1 tsp of Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Honey
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1) In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the water and sprinkle the sugar over the yeast, allow to sit for a few minutes until it blooms.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, wheat flour, salt and wheat gluten, once the yeast mixture is ready, add it in with the dry ingredients along with the oil and honey, knead on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture comes together in somewhat smooth dough.
3) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow it to rise somewhere warm for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in volume.
4) Deflate the dough, place it on a lightly floured surface, knead it in a loaf, about the same size as a 9x5 inch loaf pan, then place it in the 9x5 inch pan, lightly spray a piece of plastic wrap with some non stick spray or brush with oil and drape it oil side down on the dough, allow to rise for another hour or so or until it billows over top of the pan quite a bit.
5) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, when the dough is ready, bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the interior reaches around 205 degrees. If the bread is getting too dark around the 25 minute mark, tent it with some foil as it continues to bake.
6) Allow to cool completely before serving.
Report a problem