Cook time20 minutes
For the Steak and Marinade:
- 2lb Flank or Skirt Steak
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced or grated
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 Whole Pineapple, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and halved
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 or 2 Limes
- Cilantro to taste
- Salt to taste
1) In a measuring cup, add all the ingredients for the marinade, place the steak either in a container or large resealable bag (just make sure you use a vessel that's just big enough to hold the steak in and submerged in the marinade) let it rest in the fridge for about 4-6 hours.
2) Light a grill to high (either a charcoal or gas) grill the pineapple, onion, jalapeno and a lime (lime just takes 1 minute), take them off and set them aside while you grill the steak.
3) remove the steak from the marinade, shake off the excess and grill until desired temperature, remove to a plate, cover and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4) Take the leftover marinade, pass it through a fat separator (didn't mention this in the video, my apologies!) discard the oil and pour the rest in a small saucepan with a couple Tbsp of water, simmer until slightly thickened and remove from the heat.
5) To make the salsa, finely chop the grilled pineapple, jalapeno and onion along with the cilantro, place in a bowl, add the honey and juice of 1 9or 2) of the grilled limes and a healthy pinch of salt, stir and set aside until ready.
6) Slice the rested steak into thin slices (against the grain) drizzle with the reduced sauce and top with salsa.
Report a problem