Cook time8 minutes
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Anchovy Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- Ĺ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 1/3 to Ĺ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Chicken:
- 4 6oz Pieces of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thinly
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Salt Free Steak Seasoning
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp of Dried Rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Rest of the Salad:
- 6 or 7 cups of Mixed Baby Greens, washed and dried
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and sliced
- 8 Thick Slices of Baguette
1) To make the dressing, in a bowl whisk together the mustard, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Once thatís all combined, gradually add in the oil in a slow stream while whisking constantly, add the cheese and whisk to combine it all. Place it in a mason jar and set aside.
2) To make the chicken, preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
3) In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oil, vinegar, seasoning, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade and set aside for a few minutes while the grill pan gets nice and hot.
4) Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through (this might take longer if the chicken isnít pounded thin enough)
5) Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
6) Brush the slices of bread with a little oil and grill them on both sides on the hot grill pan until they develop grill marks. Set them aside.
7) To serve, toss the lettuce with a little of the dressing (shake the dressing up if itís been sitting for too long) then place the dressed greens on a platter, cut the chicken in large strips and place them on top of the salad, arrange the hard boiled eggs all around the sides and top with the crispy bread slices!
Report a problem