Cook time15 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 1.5lb of Ground Beef, preferably a 85/15% blend
- 1/2 of a Large Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Handful of Fresh Dill
- 2 Sprigs of Mint, leaves stripped from tough stem
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Mini Cucumbers, roughly chopped
- Small handful of Parsley, Dill and Mint
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
1) For the meatballs, add the herbs, garlic and onion to a food processor and pulse until very finely minced, add to a bowl with the beef, oregano, salt and pepper, mix together well and form into meatballs.
2) Cook the meatballs either in a skillet on the stove or in a 450 oven for 12-15 minutes depending on the size, meanwhile, make the tzatziki.
3) In the same food processor (no need to rinse it first) add the herbs, garlic and lemon zest, blend until finely minced, add to a bowl along with the yogurt, lemon juice, salt and olive oil and stir until well combined.
4) Serve the meatballs on a bed of grain (could be rice, quinoa or even cauliflower rice) some mixed greens and veggies and plenty of tzatziki!
Report a problem