Cook time30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- Heavy Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh Basil
- 8oz of Short Cut Pasta
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil along with shallots and garlic and cook over medium high until they become translucent, add hot pepper flakes along with the tomato paste, cook for about a minute or two or until slightly thickened and caramelized around the edges.
3) Add the cream and basil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, turn onto low and let it simmer for as long as the pasta needs to cook (this is the point you add the pasta to the boiling water) before straining the pasta, add the butter to the sauce and let it melt.
4) Stain the pasta (reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water) add it to the sauce along with the pasta water and parm, cook all together on medium heat until thickened. Enjoy!
Report a problem