Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes About 30
For the Macaroons:
- ¾ cup of Almond Flour
- 1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ¼ tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 4 ounces of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
To make the macaroons,
1) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, sift together the confectioner sugar, and almond flour. Stir to combine.
3) Beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until they hold soft peaks. Increase speed to high and slowly add the sugar, continue to beat until the whites hold a stiff peak and they are glossy.
4) Using a spatula fold the sifted almond flour and confectioner sugar mixture into the egg whites mixture. Do not worry because the egg whites will deflate a little.
5) Spoon the batter into either a piping bag or in a resalable zip lock bag. Snip off one corner of plastic bag to create a ¼ inch opening.
6) Pipe little mounds the size of a chocolate kiss on the parchment line baking sheets, about 1 ½ inches apart. Let the cookies stand uncovered for 30 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, position the oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
8) Bake cookies for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp and the edges are slightly darker. Make sure to rotate the baking sheets half way thru the baking time so they cook evenly.
To make the chocolate ganache,
9) Heat the cream in a small pan over medium heat until just below boiling point.
10) Pour cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Add the softened butter and whisk the whole thing together until the chocolate has fully melted. Let it sit for a few minutes before assembling the macaroons.
11) To assemble the macaroons, carefully peel cookies from parchment, be very careful because they will be very fragile. Sandwich together with ½ tsp of the ganache between the flat sides of the cookies.
Keep in airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
Report a problem