Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 8-12 (depending on size)
- 2 cups of Self Rising Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Cold Unsalted Butter cold and cut into tiny little pieces
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, sugar and cold butter, mix for just a few seconds to blend everything together.
2) Add the buttermilk and mix until your dough comes together.
3 ) Pull the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap, pop it in the fridge for about half an hour.
4) Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and set aside.
5) Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface so its about 1/2 thick, lightly dust the surface of the dough with a little flour, fold the dough in thirds and roll it out again to 1/2 thick, repeat the folding one more time and roll it out to about 3/4 thick.
6) Using a biscuit cutter (the size is up to you, I use a 3) cut little rounds out of your dough and place them about an inch or two apart on your prepared baking sheet.
7) Pop them in the fridge for about 10 minutes, in the meantime, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
8) Pop the biscuits in the oven straight from the fridge and allow them to bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden and brown.
9) Serve warm and wait for the standing ovation you will receive from whoever you serve these to!!
Report a problem