Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4 as a starter
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Curry Powder
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2-1/2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- Salt, to taste
1) In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil along with the onion and garlic and saute for several minutes or until they become translucent and develop some color, add the curry powder and stir that in the hot oil and onion mixture for about 20 seconds.
2) Add the pumpkin, stock and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes.
3) Season with salt to taste and if you’d like, puree the soup until really smooth or just serve it as it with a small drizzle of coconut milk on top and a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds.