Cook time25 minutes
- 4 Links of Italian Spicy Sausage
- 1 lb of Potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp of Light Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1) Add the potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil them for about 6 to 7 minutes or until they are about 3/4 of the way cooked through, drain well, set them aside on a paper towel lined plate and pat them dry as much as possible. Set them aside for a bit.
2) Slice the sausage lengthwise, making sure not to slice it all the way through. Open it (like a book) remove the casing and flatten the sausage patty with your hand a bit to get it nice and even.
3) Preheat a large skillet over high heat, add the oil and make sure it’s nice and hot, add the flattened sausages and cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until deeply browned and crispy, remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4) Reduce the heat to medium, add the potatoes making sure they are in a single layer, and cook them for about 7 to 8 minutes giving them a toss every couple minutes to insure every piece is crispy and golden brown.
5) Stir in the parsley, remove from the heat and serve with the crispy sausage.
That my friend, is a proper way to make what my nonna calls “ Sasicc e patan” :)
Report a problem