Cook time20 minutes
- 3/4 lb of Shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 ears of Corn, shucked
- 1/2 of a Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 of a Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 of a Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin
- 1/4 tsp of Oregano
- Chopped Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Large Tortillas
1) Cook the corn directly on your gas stove top until charred all over, making sure to constantly rotate it, allow it to cool then cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, add the olive oil, preheat it over medium heat then add the onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, garlic and charred corn kernels, cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the veggies cook down quite a bit.
3 )Add the chili powder, cumin and oregano, stir to mix well and then add the chopped shrimp along with a good pinch of salt and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the shrimp is fully cooked through, finish with a squeeze of lime and some chopped cilantro.
4) Build your quesadillas with the filling, cheese and tortillas and cook them in a lightly greased skillet until golden brown on both sides, serve with some sour cream and dig in!
Report a problem