Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes about 3 dozen
- 1 2/3 cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable shortening, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cups of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1) Set the oven racks to the very top and very bottom of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a few baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, shortening, and both kinds of sugar, add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3) In a small bow, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and add it to the butter mixture, mix together just until combined.
4) Add the coconut and chocolate chips and mix them in until evenly distributed.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop (1 Tbsp measure) scoop out the cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheets, making sure to place them a few inches apart from each other.
6) Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges are a lovely light golden color, allow to cool completely.
Report a problem