Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 lb of Ground Chorizo
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 2 cups of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Water or Chicken Stock
- 4 to 6 Eggs (depending on how many you want to make)
- Cilantro, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Add the oil into a shallow pan or large skillet, bring it to temperature over medium heat, add the chorizo, cook until halfway cooked through (break it apart as much as you can with a wooden spoon) then add the onions and garlic along with a pinch of salt and cook until the onions cook down and everything begins to caramelize around the edges.
2) Add the spices to the chorizo mixture, cook for a few seconds while constantly stirring, then add the tomatoes and water, partially cover with a lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thicken and reduced.
3) Taste the sauce for seasoning, then make little wells in the chorizo, drop your eggs in, season the eggs with salt and pepper, cover and cook to desired temperature. 10 minutes will give you a set egg yolk, 7 minutes, the egg yolk is still runny, you chose! Sprinkle cilantro over the top and serve with some good hot sauce.
Report a problem