Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of Cold Vegetable Shortening, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 to 5 Tbsp of Ice WaterFor the Filling:
- 1 cup of Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/4 cups of Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
To make the crust,
1) In a food processor add the flour and salt, pulse once to incorporate.
2) Add the butter and shortening, pulse about 10 times or until the butter is about the size of peas and distributed evenly.
3) While pulsing and 1 Tbsp of ice water until the dough comes together when pinched between fingers.
4) Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and quickly form into a disk.
5) Wrap dough and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour.
To make the filling and making the pie,
6) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9” pie plate with some non-stick spray and set aside.
7) Roll out your pie crust to about a 12” circle and place it into your prepared pie plate. Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges a bit. Scatter the pecans and chocolate chips in the bottom of your pie crust and set aside.
8) In a large bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients and pour the batter over the chopped pecans.
9) Place the pie on a baking sheet, cover the pie gently with some foil and bake it for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes or until it’s no longer super jiggly in the center.
10) Allow it to cool completely before serving.