Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the beans:
- 1 15 oz can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 cup of Water
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteAdditional Ingredients:
- 6 Sweet Potatoes, roasted until tenderFor the avocado salsa:
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of Minced Onion
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
1) Roast the potatoes for an hour or so or until tender at 350 degrees, when almost ready, start working on the beans.
2) In a saucepan or skillet with high sides, add the oil, preheat over medium heat, then add the onion, garlic and peppers with a pinch of salt, saute for a few minutes, then stir in the tomato paste and spices and cook for a minute.
3) Add the beans, tomatoes and water, bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, stir all the ingredients for the salsa and set aside.
4) Serve the chili beans in the roasted sweet potatoes and top with the avocado salsa.
Report a problem