Cook time20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 6oz each Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups of Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Add the oil to a large non-stick skillet with high sides, get it nice and hot over medium high heat. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and Italian seasoning, cook for a couple minutes on each side or until it develops some color, remove to a plate and set aside.
2) Add the peppers, onions and garlic along with another drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and saute for 3 to 4 minutes until they start to soften, add the chicken back in the pan and cover with the stock and marinara sauce, partially cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Once the chicken is fully cooked through, remove it to a plate and to the sauce, add the parm and cream cheese and cook just long enough to melt it.
4) Adjust the seasoning according to taste, pour sauce over the chicken and top with freshly grated parm and fresh chopped herbs.
Report a problem