Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Chicken and Base:
- 3/4 lb of Cooked Chicken, shredded
- 1 lb of Uncooked Spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 lb of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 cup of White Wine
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/3 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 3/4 cup of Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 cup of Good Quality Shredded White Cheddar
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Topping:
- 1/4 cup of Parmiggiano
- 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, grease a large casserole dish with a little butter and set aside.
2) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook them for 2 minutes less than the package instructions indicate, drain well and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking further.
3) In a large dutch oven, add the butter and allow it to melt over medium high heat, add the mushrooms and onions, season them with some salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and saute until they develop some good color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, deglaze the pan with the wine and allow the wine to reduce by half.
4) Add the flour, making sure to stir it in well and cook for about 2 minutes, add the stock, milk and cream and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened a bit .
5) Stir in the cream cheese, adjust the salt and pepper to taste stir in the parmiggiano and cheddar and set aside.
6) Add the cooked spaghetti, shredded chicken and thawed peas, give everything a good stir. Pour mixture in the prepared baking pan, sprinkle over the bread crumbs and parmiggiano and dot the little bit of butter evenly over the top.
7) Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
Report a problem