Cook time45 minutes
ServingsSserves 4 to 6
- 2lb of Bone in, skin on, Chicken Thighs
- 4-8 Sausages, if small use 8 if large use 4
- 6 Shallots, halved and peeled but not chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed but don't even bother chopping
- 1 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1 cup of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Hot Cherry Peppers in brine, or more or less to taste
- Pinch (about 1/2 tsp) of Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp of Fennel Seeds, optional
- 1 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar (optional) if you'd like to add a bit more sweetness
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Parsley
- Olive Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Generously salt and pepper both sides of your chicken. Over medium heat, preheat a couple Tbsp of olive oil in a shallow Dutch oven. Once simmering, add the chicken skin side down and sear until the skin becomes really deeply golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Once the skin is ready, flip and cook for about 3 minutes, remove to a plate and set aside.
2) If the chicken renders too much fat, discard some leaving behind just a couple tablespoons, then add the sausages and let them sear on all sides, once there, remove to a plate.
3) Add the peppers, shallots and garlic along with a small pinch of salt, rosemary and fennel seeds and sauté for a few minutes or until they develop color all around.
4) Add the flour, stir it well to combine, then add the wine, cook for a minute then add the chicken stock, followed by the cherry peppers (I would do only 1 Tbsp if you don't like things too hot) along with a some of the brine (just a Tbsp) and the vinegar, let it all come to a boil, then nestle in the sausages and chicken just make sure the crispy chicken skin doesn't touch the sauce.
5) Pop the whole thing into the oven and allow to cook for about 25 minutes, then sprinkle with a generous amount of parsley and dig in!
Report a problem