Cook time35 minutes
- 1 tsp of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Strips of Bacon, diced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes (any regular potato will do)
- 4 cups of Broccoli Florets
- 5 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Half and Half
- 1 cup of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add the oil to a heavy duty pot and preheat it over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until crisp, remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2) Add the potatoes and onion to the pan with the bacon drippings and saute for a few minutes or until they develop some color.
3) Add the broccoli and chicken stock and simmer on medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4) Add the half and half along with the bacon and shredded cheese, stir to combine, adjust the seasoning to taste and cook for just a couple minutes then serve right away!
Report a problem