Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 12 oz of Spanish Style Chorizo or kielbasa
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb of Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 12 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Bunches of Tuscan Kale, leaves trimmed and finely shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) In a heavy bottomed pot, add the oil and the sausage and sear on both sides over medium heat, remove from the heat onto a paper towel lined plate, set aside.
2) In the same pot (you’re looking to have a few tablespoons of oil/fat, if there’s more than that, discard it) add the onion and garlic, along with a small pinch of salt and sauté for a few minutes.
3) Add the potatoes and stock, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer for about an hour or until the potatoes are super tender.
4) Once the potatoes are well cooked, using a wooden spoon, smash some of the potatoes against the side of the pot, then add the cooked sausage and kale and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
5) Adjust the seasoning to taste and dig in!