Cook time30 minutes
For the potatoes:
- 2 lb of Russet Potatoes cut into ˝” wedges
- About 3/4 lb of Bacon, sliced into thirds
- 2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1-1/3 cups of Half and Half
- 1 lb of American Cheese, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz can of Mild Green Chilies
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Add the potato wedges to a large pot, cover with water, add a generous pinch of salt, bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes then drain them well and place them on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess water.
3) In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the granulated garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil, then wrap a small piece of the bacon around the center of each one and place them seam side down on your prepared baking sheet. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy and in the meantime, make the queso.
4) In a large saucepan, add the half and half and bring to a simmer, then slowly start adding the cheese and whisking constantly until all your cheese is in and melted, add the canned chilies, spices, salt and pepper and cook for an additional couple minutes.
5) Serve the crispy roasted potatoes with the queso and if hosting a party, keep the queso warm in a crockpot and you’ll be set!
Report a problem