Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsMakes 3 Cups
- 1 lb of Bacon, chopped
- 2 lb of Vidalia Onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Beer plus 1/4 cup of water or all water if you donít want to use beer
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
1) Add the bacon to a shallow pot or large saucepan, turn onto medium heat, cook it until it becomes crispy and renders its fat, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon, discard all of the fat except for 4 Tbsp.
2) Add the onions, cook the onions for about 10 minutes with a lid on. Increase the heat to medium high, add the beer, allow it to cook for about a minute, then add the water, a good pinch of salt, brown sugar and cooked bacon.
3) Reduce the heat to medium low, cook for about 45 minutes (partially covered for about 20 minutes) then once ready, increase the heat to medium high, add the balsamic vinegar, cook for a minute or so, then allow to cool a bit and serve!
Report a problem