Cook time10 minutes
- 4 Slices of Sourdough Bread, or any kind of bread you prefer
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp of Parsley
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 1 Tbsp of Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Spread ½ Tbsp of butter on one side of each piece of bread, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
3) Fill a deep skillet half way up with water.
4) Bring the water to a simmer, add the vinegar, break each egg into a small bowl, slowly add each egg into the simmering water, let it cook for 1 minute exactly, turn the heat off, place a lid on the skillet and let them sit in the hot water for 5 minutes.
5) While the eggs poach, add the avocado in a small bowl, mash it with the back of a fork, add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and stir it all together.
6) Divide the avocado mixture between the two pieces of bread and smear it on really well.
7) Take the egg out of the water, pat them dry on a paper towel, place each egg on the avocado toast, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and a tiny sprinkle of paprika.
8) Serve immediately!
Report a problem