Cook time50 minutes
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 5 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Water
- 6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a nonstick 10 inch skillet, add both kinds of sugar and water, cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to melt and turn into a dark amber color, add the butter and cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture is at a rolling boil.
2) Add the apples, along with a pinch of salt, cook for about 15 minutes, add vanilla at the last minutes. Remove from the heat and let it set aside for a few minutes while you roll out the puff pastry.
3) Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface so it's about an inch bigger on all sides, fit it in your pan, cut off the excess front he corners, pierce the dough a few times with a sharp knife and bake for about 30 minutes or until deeply golden brown.
4) Allow the tart to rest for 10 minutes then invert onto a platter with raised edges. Serve with ice cream and dig in!
Report a problem